Sunday, June 24, 2007

Losing a part of my good memories

Mum just informed me that the sale of our old house is being finalised. It will be handed over to the buyer on 9th July. Mum also said my siblings will be going to have a last look at the place this weekend. I know it sounds silly, but i feel a sense of loss and nostalgia.

My old place is where I had my best times - my secondary school period. It was easy to do well in school, cca, lifesaving, ballet, piano... there might have been some BGR worries at that point but it was still rather carefree as a whole, perhaps cuz I was young(er). If i had to to so many things now, somehow i think i wouldnt be able to cope. Age is catching up i suppose...? or is life more complex now? or uni too demanding?

I love my old place. It's a good location. Smack right between RI and CHS, I had the best of both worlds. heh. just kidding. seriously speaking, its location is perfect. On good days, it only takes me 15 mins to get home from school by bus. Its close to amenities like swimming pool, shopping mall, MRT, etc.

Most of all, its the memories I associate with that place that brings on the nostalgia. Even my sibilings agree (thats why they are going back for one last look). Its where we grew up. Its where my family had the best times - our golden years. I think if we were to move from our current place, we'd just go without looking back. Our current house, though more pleasant in decor and more spacious, lacks that little extra the previous house had.

One more thing, that "tall man" at home! Im sure my bro remembers it. We often see it wandering around the little family area upstairs. I quite sure he is still there. haha. Goodbye Tall Man.

And Goodbye...
My home
My warm shelter
My comfortable abode

I will have to secretely admire your new look from afar the next time i return.

1 comment:

Vandalin said...

Know what you mean.

My granny's old place was sold when my grand dad passed on.

*sniff*