Thursday, May 3, 2007

The old new

When I was back home over the summer hols, I swopped my ballroom shoes for my ballet ones. My luggage was way overweight when i returned to adelaide this time but i insisted on bringing my ballet barang with me. I managed to bring everything over thanks to justin who allowed me to tong pang his baggage capacity.

Dont get me wrong. I love ballroom, especially latin. But theres something about ballet that makes me keep going back to it.

I love being in a studio with other ballet girls. I love dancing to instructed routines and having a teacher guide me along. I think this is how I grew to take criticism with a positive attitude. Without constructive critique and comments, I would never had come this far in dance. I had Ms Penny with me all my ballet life... and i miss her.

Now i'm offically contemporary ballet student at Norwood Ballet Centre. :) Contemporary is the new ballet for me - old steps, new moves. I'm lovin' it.

3 comments:

alvin said...

wow great that u can follow ur passion :)

Vandalin said...

Hmm... how's about trading a really cool funky chicken routine for swan lake?

min said...

lovely :) i wanna be a ballerina too...