Thursday, April 26, 2007

I love NY

NY girls have been associated with sleeveless whites, looking dorky in short crops and even dorkier with spectacles so thick you cant see the eyes clearly. No matter how negatively the world may perceive NY girls, I still love the school, the pple to bits.

There may have been stringent rules i didnt think was necessary but in retrospect, i feel it did us good. Discipline helps nurture and mature. Time have moulded and changed a few aspects of the school. NY girls are not the same now but im happy the way girls of my era turned out - we do not fall short of the school's aim in our lives. It says:

"Every NY girl is a respected member of the society... someone who is proud of her integrity, achievements and cultural roots."

If I was given a chance to choose again, I would still go to NY and do the same things over. 2/7 '97, our canteen classroom, painting our new classroom upstairs, my favourite teachers, my favourite seniors, my mates fr NPCC, our camaraderie... everything shaped and groomed me.

NY girls are good girls. Very generic sounding but if u are one, u should know wat im saying.

and i always will.



Before i go, i'll put up pictures of NY girls who got married recently.

Lini, who got married last weekend. *whistle and cheers* (like back in school hall when congratulatory announcements were made)


Lini is our first 2/7 '97 bride. We also have a first from 2/7 '96 - ever sweet, ever so perfect girl, Meiru.


Congratulations! *confettiiiiiiiii*









6 comments:

XChemStudent said...

校训:勤慎端朴

Hehe. some ppl would say this 'sounds so textbook' but who cares? I LOVE NY TOO!! :D

Marabelle said...

havent seen those four words in a long time...

Vandalin said...

Are the 2 boys who married the NY gals from Chinese High?

Heh heh heh.

Marabelle said...

u sure hoped so! but no.. we look further than across the road. hehe.

min said...

NY girls are good girls. *HUMONGOUS HUG*

Marabelle said...

;) xox