Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bouncing back

I've recovered from that bout of lung infection. Lower left lobe (for those interested in (grey's) anatomy). I'm not even sure how i got that infection. Just came down with a 39.5C fever after a full day of clinic one tues evening. Nail dust from patients? Sand from road works outside uni? Or was it a bug i caught from Singapore before I flew back here? In any case, I'm so glad its all over. Falling sick in a place far from home is best avoided.

I was treated at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. They put me on saline drip to get my temperature down and then gave me IV antibiotics to tackle the infection, which they initially thought was UTI. The rest of the time, I rested and nursed myself back to health at home. I must thank my friends who came to visit me - they brought with them food (essential for survival!! and gettin well), laugther, cheer and lotsa love and concern. Thank u so much!

My heartfelt appreciation goes to Justin, Josh, Ken, Sam, Wayne, Kimberly and Chiang wei.

Special thanks goes to my best friend, Abel, who took the brunt of the illness and everything else that came with it. Thank u so much. xx. I'll buy u a good dinner soon.

I met Melee today. I was supposed to meet her and Georgina the Friday of the week I fell sick.

Melee introduced me to Mau, Adrian and Mary. Adrian is the odd one out because the rest of us have names begining with the letter M. Here's a picture of the girls at the driving range.


That's Mary to the left and Melee on the right.


It's back to school tomorrow after two weeks of rest and recovery! Bouncing back. :)

4 comments:

~andrina~ said...

Babe, you look sexy in that pic! I think it's the effects of the curls...haha~ That aside, the hospital shot is a reminder that we should all take care & not fall sick. =)

Marabelle said...

yah man. no more falling sick! i will take extra care!

Nature Boy said...

ya i agree man mabelle u look like hot damn in the pic! why u leave me behind here alone in sg? :(

hi jean xinrong n mingfang! keep writing!

Marabelle said...

yo nigel! dont worry i will be back in singapore to have prata with u soon!